This policy describes how we treat and protect the personal information we collect through technological means (for example, by e-mail or online). We follow these rules to protect your privacy and meet our legal obligations.
1. To whom does this policy apply?
The rules described in this policy apply to you if we collect your personal information by technological means in the course of our activities. For example, this policy applies :
- if you contact us by e-mail;
- if you contact us by telephone;
- if you contact us via our website.
Our Governance and Personal Information Management Policy describes our personal information management and protection practices in greater details.
2. When do we collect your personal information, and how do we limit collection?
We collect personal information by technological means in the situations listed below. Consult them to find out :
- the types of personal information we collect;
- from whom and why we collect it;
- the steps you can take to limit collection.
We consider “personal information” to be any information about you that allows you to be identified directly or indirectly (for example, by associating it with other information). We do our best to keep your personal information accurate, complete and up-to-date when we use it. We rely on you to let us know when this information changes. You can do this by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 2.1 When you call us
When you call us, we collect certain personal information to ensure that we are always ready to deal with your requests. This information is collected to facilitate transactions. We collect the following personal information in connection with the payment of invoices or orders:
- Date and time of call;
- Name of customer or caller;
- Confirmation of legal documents authorizing order and delivery of goods;
- Delivery address;
- Invoice number and balance;
- Credit card information, expiration date and security code.
- 2.2 When you browse our website
Our website does not collect any personal information. The IP addresses of visitors are not stored. Cookies are generated for each visit, but are deleted when you end your session.
- 2.3 When you respond to a survey
We may collect personal information when we conduct surveys, for example to obtain your opinion on the quality of our services.
Each survey is different. If we ask you to participate in a survey, we will inform you of the technology used, the personal information that will be collected, the purposes for which it will be collected, and ways to limit the collection. Of course, you are free to accept or decline a survey.
- 2.4 When you apply for a job at Cadex Inc.
When you apply for a job, internship or other position, we collect the personal information necessary to evaluate your application and to contact you during the process.
We collect the following personal information:
- your resume, cover letter, e-mail address and telephone number. For student employment or internships, we also collect your transcript;
- information discussed during a reference check telephone conversation, for example, about your work performance.
We check two references for the person(s) most likely to get the job, not for all applicants. We contact the references you provide, with your consent.
- 2.5 When you write to us by e-mail
When you correspond with us by e-mail, we collect your e-mail address and the personal information contained in your e-mails. The type of information we collect and the purpose for which we collect it depend on the context of our exchanges.
3. We respect your consent
When we collect, use and disclose your personal information, we always do so for specific purposes. Your consent is valid for as long as necessary to fulfill those purposes. We may then retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill our retention obligations as described in the law and in our archives.
We will always respect the purposes for which we have collected your personal information. If we wish to use or disclose your personal information for other purposes, we will seek your consent, except as permitted by law.
4. We may disclose your personal information to other persons and organizations
- 4.1 To whom we may disclose your personal information
We may disclose your personal information to a provincial or federal government agency, if necessary or required by law. The type of information disclosed will depend on your situation.
Before disclosing your personal information, we take protective measures. We conduct a Privacy Impact Assessment (PIA), a process by which we consider all factors that may have an impact on your privacy and assess whether the information will be adequately protected. We also sign a contract or agreement that includes appropriate security measures for the information disclosed.
5. How we protect your personal information
- 5.1 We limit access to your personal information
Only those employees who need to process your personal information in order to perform their duties have access to it. They have access only to the information they need to perform their duties.
- 5.2 We implement robust security measures
We have implemented several types of measures to protect your personal information against loss, theft and unauthorized access, use or disclosure. These include:
- Physical measures, such as locked premises;
- Technological measures, such as firewalls;
- Organizational measures, such as the adoption of an information security policy.
- 5.3 We destroy your personal information once we have fulfilled our obligations
We retain your information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes described in this policy. Even if you no longer have a relationship with us, we must retain your personal information for a certain period of time to meet our legal obligations. While we retain it, we continue to protect your personal information and ensure its confidentiality.
We have implemented a retention schedule to clearly establish the retention period for certain types of information. Once this period has elapsed, we destroy your personal information permanently and securely.
6. Accessing and correcting your personal information
You have rights related to your personal information. You can ask us :
- access it;
- correct or update it.
You will receive confirmation from us when the changes or corrections are complete.
7. Got a question, complaint or comment?
We have designated a Privacy Officer. This person ensures that we comply with the rules described in this policy and in the law. You can contact our Privacy Officer at the following address:
Ms Chantal Benoit
Director of Finance and Human Resources
This policy comes into effect on September 21, 2023. Updated: January 25, 2024.